We have a on-prem jira install, with inbound mail using IMAP connected to an Exchange mail infrastructure, and we use JEMH as the mail handler.
So last night was the Daylight saving time switchover in the US. We turned clocks back an hour.
At a little after 1:00AM I got a call from one of our users, who noticed that a mail that was sent to our jira mailbox didnt create an issue in jira. I checked the mailbox, the mail was in there. I ran all the usual tests from jira, it was able to connect to the mail server fine, etc. But it would not pick up the mail that was in there. No errors in the logs, and there was nothing unusual about the mail that would haven been an issue. It had been working fine earlier in the day.
We have a Jira Service Desk instance on the same server, so I tested a mail to there as well and it was picked up.
I restarted Jira, no change. I eventually rebooted the server, but I happened to notice that around the time of the reboot, the time rolled back the hour, (from 2:00 back to 1:00 AM.)
After the reboot of the server, the mails were picked up fine.
Now I know that the reboot of the server could have fixed some oddball underlying condition, but i can't help wondering if there is something about falling back an hour that would have caused jira to stop reading from the imap mailbox, or processing mail.
Anyone else notice oddities around mail handling on daylight savings time?
Thanks