I am doing a lot of work with Script Runner and I have decided to build out a semi-framework.
One of my objects is a Logger Object that helps to enforce logging consistency across all the other objects.
public class LogThis
{
// Properties
def log
def errorLevels = [
debug: false,
info : true,
error: true
]
}
In this case, using this class, all info and error messages are displayed, but debug is not. To turn on debug:
logger.enableDebug()
Is there a way, or is it bad practice in Groovy to make that class a global class that is accessible from inside of objects?
Currently I inject the log class into each object I instantiate:
(new Assignees(log))
.setIssue(issue)
.setNewAssignee(newAssignee)
.commitChange()
This is a sample of calling a class that will change the assignee on an issue. I am injecting the log object into the Assignees object.
I find that very, very repetitive, and not expandable. If I need to start injecting another object, and another object, my class signature start to get unweildy at some point.
My inclination is to create some form of Dependency Injection Container (or IoC Container, etc, etc), but I have no idea if Groovy can handle that, or if it's even a Best Practice in Groovy.
This is kind of an "advanced" topic, but hopefully somebody wants to geek out on this subject :-)
Thanks in advance.