Hi,
We are looking towards using Confluence as the system behind our intranet. Being a telco, we have around 400 pages of help articles that we need moved into Confluence from RightNow so I'm wondering if there any partial automation options available.
I understand there would still be much manual human involvement but since we have so much content to migrate over, any time saved from importing would be handy.
Now before asking this question I have looked around for information on migrating content but there doesn't seem much around about migration from other systems outside of Atlassian. Found this article, http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+Content+Into+Confluence, the content converter plugin sounded promising until I saw that the plugin is no longer being developed/supported.
Main questions I have are:
1. What file types do Confluence accept for import? Would a csv do? How can this then be manipulated so that it is accepted by Confluence's data structure?
2. Do you have a plugin which can assist with data compare?
3. How much of a structure do we need to set up in Confluence so that it is line with what's in the data we are importing?
4. Is there anyway meta data can be retained and matched to the fields in Confluence at all? How do you do this?
5. Is there anyway to preserve existing styles and attachments on a page?
Sorry for all the questions, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Kim