Hello,
Apologies if this has already been answered. I'm somewhat new to Atlassian plugin development and could not find a solution. I have written a custom field type plugin for Jira which is being accessed from an issue create/edit screen in the Service Desk customer portal. My requirement is to get hold of the current url query string in order to affect the default value. I had at first tried to do this on the client side, but found that I have no control over the templates in this view. So I'm trying server side. I thought I could get hold of the HttpServletRequest somehow from within the plugin's getDefaultValue method. There are two approaches I've tried, but neither works:
- ActionContext.getRequest() - It comes up with the HttpServletRequest in Jira through the CreateIssue.jspa, but inside the customer portal this returns null.
- JiraWebUtils.getHttpRequest() - Again, this returns the HttpServletRequest in Jira, but in the customer portal it prevents the page from rendering. I try to step over it in my line debugger and I get dumped into WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(ContainerRequest, ContainerResponse), for which I have no source. The call stack suggests the thread is running a filter chain.
I feel like I'm chasing a rainbow. Is there a way to do this? Do I need to write my own servlet filter plugin? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.