I started deploying to firebase from bitbucket pipelines with the atlassian pipe. However i did not see a way to set environment configuration as often necessary:
https://firebase.google.com/docs/functions/config-env
Did I miss the docs or do I simply have to use bare bones firebase-tools?
Best,
Tobi
Hi @tobias_eisenschenk , Currently, the firebase-deploy pipe doesn't have a way to set environment configuration, but we will consider this option in the upcoming pipe releases. Thank you for the feedback. We'll notify you about updates.Cheers,Viktoriia
Hi @tobias_eisenschenk . We're currently considering adding a support for configuring the environment from a pipe. Could you describe your use case a bit more so we can better understand how to improve the pipe? Thanks a lot!
My use case is to deploy firebase cloud-functions along with environment specific configuration (firebase config).
Something like this:
script: - npm --prefix ./functions install- npm install -g firebase-tools- firebase use $PROJECT_ID - firebase functions:config:set environment.database_url=$ENVIRONMENT_DATABASE_URL- pipe: atlassian/firebase-deploy:0.3.4variables: FIREBASE_TOKEN: $FIREBASE_TOKEN PROJECT_ID: $PROJECT_ID MESSAGE: "Deploying $BITBUCKET_COMMIT (CI/CD)" EXTRA_ARGS: "--non-interactive --only functions:$FUNCTION_NAME"
As you can see I started using the atlassian pipe, but then had to use the firebase-tools cli as well.
hi @Alexander Zhukov , just wondering if you were are planning to implement this? Would be super useful to be able to set functions.config env variables within the pipe using values stored in bitbucket variables.
Hi @Ben Calnan ,
Could you provide us with more details about your case?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.