My company has allowed my team to set up a Stash v3.9.1 instance with Bamboo v5.8.1 as our CI. Recently, we have spent time designing a method for our Git repository management which includes automatically merging feature branches into our development branch upon passing the CI testing.
Now we wish to somewhat enforce this plan by only allowing Bamboo to directly write to the Development branch. Basically, developers (non-administrators) will not be able to push directly to the Development branch or merge directly into the development branch. Only Bamboo will be able to complete the merge once the tests are passed. This is to encourage the use of feature branches and allowing the CI to run before merging code into the main Development branch. I'm currently using the Bamboo "Gatekeeper" automatic merging method to handle these merges, with all branches starting with "feature/" being automatically merged.
My problem comes in when I try to lock down the Branch Permissions of the Development branch to only allow Bamboo to write. Since the Branch Permissions calls for a list of users which can read and write and we're using cyclic application links between Bamboo and Stash, the is no "Bamboo" user in our system and I can't add Bamboo to the list of approved writers. I attempted to simply create a branch permission which allowed no users in hopes that Bamboo would bypass it, but that didn't work.
Put simply, how can I create a Development branch with Stash v3.9.1 which only allows the Bamboo v5.8.1 server to write changes, and forbids direct changes from users?
Thanks,
Will