I have a servicedesk project with the typical issue types:
Incident, Service Request, Problem and Change.
Overall there is no issue as to who can change something with Incident & Service Request as this is handled by the same team.
However, for Problem and Change we would like to block the edit permissions for all users except a select few (problem & change managers).
As JIRA doesn't have the ability to set "per issue type permissions" and are not planning on implementing it I'm looking for a workarround.
My initial plan is/was to set up the edit permissions with a custom group field and populate the field at creation time with the groups that should have edit permissions anyway.
That way I can leave out the normal teams in Change & Problem and leave everyone in at Incident & SR.
That would however mean I have to retro-activly change this on the older issues and remove the regular groups from the permissions so they don't automatically get access to change/problem (and then auto add them on incident/service request so they have permissions there)
Hence my search for advice, is anybody implementing this within the same project or has some good ideas on how to do this with minimal impact?
Or should this be moved to a disussion so we can search for a good workarround?