Hello everyone, We are in the midst of migrating roughly 15 Jira projects from one domain to another, varying board complexities from pretty vanilla use to very heavily used boards with links, mentions etc out the wazoo. That 15 will likely grow to 45 by the time we are done with all of our migrations.
We are using the Project Configurator and Jira version 8.2.3
I now realize that username is the attribute. Unfortunately usernames are very different between the domains. They are coming from jsmith and migrating over to our environment which defines their username as their employee ID.
I have come across a couple of potential "solutions" (mucking around in the DB, changing usernames in AD), but I want to reach out here to see if anyone has done this before.
My question is: Has anyone done cross domain migration with different usernames before, if so, was it successful in preserving user data (tickets assigned, mentions etc), and of course, how did you do it?
Really appreciate any help and guidance here.
Nate