Goal: I want to have a Space in Confluence that only a specific group can access (some employees of my company - we are over 30 in total). This group should be allowed only to VIEW the content of the Space.
Situation: Confluence Server license with 10 users - I created a group (aside from the "confluence-administrators") with only the 8 users that will be allowed to create and edit content within our confluence called content-producers.
Now I have three groups: "confluence-administrators", "content-producers" and "employees".
Global Permissions: under "Licenced Users", I have only 2 groups totalling 8 users ( "confluence-administrators" and "content-producers".
I also have enabled the anonymous access to my Confluence instance since I will have spaces aimed and opened to my customers.
Page Restrictions: at the first page of my Space (the "highest" page in the ranking), I added a restriction for only specific groups and people can view/edit and added the "employees" group since I want all of my employees to be able to see this particular space.
Problem: despite having anonymous access enabled and giving the "employees" group permission to see my space, whenever I log in to Confluence using one of the "employees" users, I still can't see the Space.
Also - Question: if I want to give a specific group of users VIEW permissions (not EDIT / CREATE), they need to be licensed users (I need to purchase licenses for them)?