Version: JIRA Server 8.4.2
Is there a way that when a comment is edited (responded to) that it flags the user doing the edit flagged inside the comment? It is my understanding that when a comment is edited or changed that it is deleted and replaced by the new comment in full so that no history is kept. I have been looking through plugins but so far found mostly for the Cloud but then I just started searching. So any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The idea in mind is so it would look something like this :
All Comments Work Log History Activity
_____________________________________________________________
John Smith added a comment - 1 hour ago - edited
This is my comment about this issue
Jane Smith edited comment - 15 min ago
This issue looks like a good idea..
_________________________________________________________________
J. Doe added a comment - 30 min ago
I will schedule a meeting after Jane weighs in on this issue.
_________________________________________________________________
Instead of like this :
All Comments Work Log History Activity
_____________________________________________________________
John Smith added a comment - 15 min ago - edited
This is my comment about this issue
This issue looks like a good idea..
_________________________________________________________________
J. Doe added a comment - 30 min ago
I will schedule a meeting after Jane weighs in on this issue.
_________________________________________________________________