Running confluence server 6.15.2
We want mobile users to see only the desktop site version of our confluence space (https://modelassist.epixanalytics.com/) to enjoy its full functionality.
We disabled the Confluence Mobile Plugin as per the documentation here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-mobile-284365706.html?_ga=2.99363997.2045474798.1572018407-1547976490.1572018407, but when testing in mobile we still see the mobile version.
Also, when running a Google search for our space from a Desktop, "Confluence Mobile - " is appended to the name of our space in the search result, so I wonder if there is some other configuration that needs to be changed.
Thanks in advance for your help and insights!
Hi @Francisco Zagmutt,
Confluence Mobile App (plugin) is only for Confluence Server communication with app installed in your phone (iPhone, Android), does not display the Confluence mobile view in the browser on your phone.
You can try disable "System plugin" Confluence Mobile Web Plugin, but this may affect the functionality of Confluence notifications (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40782 - Workbox Notification).
Pavel
Thanks for your response, @Pavel Junek . I appreciate your help.
That fixed it! We had disabled the "Confluence Mobile Plugin", but didn't know there was a separate "Confluence Mobile Web Plugin" we could only get to by filtering to "All apps" as you clearly described in your screenshot above.
Do you also have insights on the other issue I described "when running a Google search for our space from a Desktop, "Confluence Mobile - " is appended to the name of our space in the search result, so I wonder if there is some other configuration that needs to be changed. " Please see the screenshots of a google search, and the Site Title under "General Configuration -> "Site configuration"
- Google search
- Site configuration
Thank you!
Hi Francisco,Thank you for your information about your problem and for Accepted answer.
If I understand your question - To disable indexing your Confluence with Google, you can add entries to your robots.txt file. How to find it on Prevent Search Engine Indexing Using Robots Text file
Thanks again for your answers Pavel,
We actually want the side to be indexed by Google. The issue is that Google search is returning "Confluence Mobile -" added to the site name even though the title should be just "Model assist - risk modeling library". It's also adding the mobile site links at the bottom of the search as i highlighted in red, which don't work when browsing on a desktop. I will force a re-index and see if this is solved, but I suspect it's a bug.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.