I saw this ticket and this article explaining how to migrate users between different user dirs in Jira and for some reason I don't have the Migrate users from one directory to another. option there.
Not migrating is not an option and LDAP server is unaccesible for me right now. What do I do?
Hi Gleb and Welcome,
Regarding the 'Migrate users from one directory to another' option, documentation says:
This option will not appear if there are no valid directories to migrate from/to.
When this cannot be used?
However, it cannot be used for any of the following scenarios:1.- Migrating a specific set of users or one single user from one directory to another2.- Connector user directories — these can be easily identified, as they have a Synchronize option3.- Migrating groups only4.- Migrating users without their groups
However, it cannot be used for any of the following scenarios:
1.- Migrating a specific set of users or one single user from one directory to another
2.- Connector user directories — these can be easily identified, as they have a Synchronize option
3.- Migrating groups only
4.- Migrating users without their groups
Since the second user directory is a connector user directory you cannot migrate users from/to this kind of directory from/to the Jira internal directory
Regards
Hi Jack!
Thanks for reaching out. I see why this kind of mirgation is not possible, though can I trick Jira by updating directory type directly from database? Is there any chance this method will work for me?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.