Hi! I created a custom field "Requested by".
I currently have a CSV file with data but I can change file type if it is necessary. Idea is that user starts typing and then chooses value from file data.
How to achieve that?
I achieved what I wanted with Elements Connect:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23337/elements-connect-external-data-fields?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
I'm a bit confused with how a CSV file is fitting in here. Are the values for this field driven by Jira users? If so then consider a custom field of type user-picker. If not then consider a single-select field but you will need to add all possible selections which might get very lengthy depending on your situation.
Values for this field are not driven by Jira users. I have more than 3000 rows in a file. Is there a way to import options in a single-select field without creating them manually?
Glad you found Elements Connect @Hasta la vista ! Creating 3000 entries manually definitely would not have been practical.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.