Hi, I am a new JIRA user. Appreciate inputs on automating the movement of JIRA issues tickets across multiple JIRA boards
My organisation maintains 3 tiers of JIRA boards a) at Portfolio b) at Program, and c) at Project/ Squad Level. At this stage my focus is primarily on Program and Project JIRA boards.
Issue types defined on program board are 1) Themes 2) Worktreams 3) Features
There is a separate JIRA squad board for each listed workstream on the program board. And there are about 30+ squad boards under each program board. Issue types on squad boards are created as Tasks, Sub-tasks Defects etc.
Features listed on the squad boards are delivered by tasks listed on individual squad boards. Features and tasks share a 0 to many relationship. 1 feature can belong to only 1 workstream/ project. Group of tasks on individual project/ squad board deliver a feature on the prgram board. Features on the program board are linked to tasks on squad boards by the link ‘Is delivered by’.
Is there a way I can automate the movement of feature on the program board where in a feature moves to the next step/stage of the workflow when all child tasks linked to that feature moved to the next step/ stage. Can this automation be achieved with the base JIRA product or will I need any plugin?
I have created the program board and couple of sample squad boards as KANBAN boards. Is there anything that I need to apply/ keep in mind while creating these boards to achieve the automation of tasks across the workflow?
Many thanks in advance.