Hi,
I would log into confluence from my web application, so my users can open documentation directly without insert uid and pwd in the confluence login page.
How do I achieve that? Is there an howto/tutorial?
Thk
Gaetano
Hello Gaetano,
Thank you for raising this question with us! Happy to help.
Is this a web application you're developing? You would need to still pass the login credentials to the page somehow, either by using API, or use SAML Single Sign On with Atlassian Access if you're on Cloud. This way, your users would just need to supply their email address and it'll automatically send them to your identity provider to obtain the login details.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Regards,
Shannon
yes we are developing a web application and we wanna give to users the access to the kb and the docs stored in confluence.
I don't have a clear idea of what is the best way for us.
I would like my user are able to open a KB page of confluence using a link in a web page inside my web app. Obviously without the need to write uid and pwd.
My favorites in order are :
1) to pass uid and pwd from my app to confluence
2) Using API to get confluence contents and show all inside my web app.
3) SSO
Can you give me any suggestion?
Thanks a lot
Hi @Gaetano La Fragola ,
do you need that solution for Confluence Cloud or for Confluence Server/DC - makes a huge difference in the answer.
Cheers,Christian
I'm sorry.
I speak about Confluence Cloud.
Many Thanks
Hi @Gaetano La Fragola , did you solve your issue?I have the same need
I solved making public all knowlodge-base pages .
All in all , in my case, the app is publicly available.
I have used also the Jira Widget integrated directly into my app so users are able to create ticket and read knowledge-base inside my application workspace.
"By embedding a lightweight request form, your customers can send requests directly from any website you control.If you enable and configure your widget, we’ll generate code that you can copy to embed the widget on your website."
Bye
I understand, unfortunately I need to keep the contents private and with this deprecated feature I don't see any other options at the moment:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-basic-auth-and-cookie-based-auth/
For your need consider that solution in case og Jira Service Desk:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/
Only your Jira SD Customer (unlicensed) can access to your knwoledge
Kr
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.