Set up SSH for Git on Windows: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html
The end result is this screenshot
------
This needs to be fixed if it's supposed to be official instruction.
Make sure you copy all the characters in the .pub file, normally on Windows it adds a label at the end, that also needs to be included.
I modded the OP to include the process used to include the public key text.
The ssh-keygen generates two files, id_rsa and id_rsa.pub. You want to copy the content in id_rsa.pub into your profile in Bitbucket. So in step 2 your command should look like this instead:
notepad ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
I have the same problem, my public key is
---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----Comment: "rsa-key-20201126"AAAA data removed T7oQ==---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
I get "That SSH key is invalid."
What is saved to a file from Putty is different than what is in the window and what Bitbucket needs. It should be of this format.
ssh-rsaAAAA data removed T7oQ==
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.