When I put a link to a file on one of our secured share drives in an email, a user can click on it and either the file associated with the link downloads or the user receives an error if they don't have permission to the file.
When I put the same link into a Confluence page as a web link, it appears as a clickable link, but when any user clicks on it, nothing is done. We've tried to force open in a new tab to see what might be going on. But, literally, nothing happens.
The link looks likes this:
\\shareddrivename\encrypteddata\customername\SharedProjects\product\productifle.xlsb
When you hover over the link, in the footer area, confluence appears to be resolving it as:
file:///encrypteddata\customername\SharedProjects\product\productifle.xlsb
Why is the part of the link, \\shareddrivename\, being replaced by file:/// ?
How do I insert a link into Confluence that will properly resolve to the file that we are trying to provide to the user?