Hello,
I currently have the following problem:
My questions are
Hope someone can help...
Thanks in advanceThomas
I resolved it with script runner this way:
This is where the problems that JETI and other plugins that bypass security kick in. Jira's security model is basically correct - a person who cannot see an issue should not be emailed about it. Because you are immediately leaking potentially sensitive information.
If you break this model with something like JETI, then you're asking for more security issues, including not allowing incoming email to update the issues.
So, to answer your questions
1. No. If you can't see it, you can't comment on it. That is correct.
2. No. As per 1.
3. Not without some code, but it is possible.
4. Yes. Dump the security scheme, as it's pretty clear you don't actually need it.
Actually I do need the security and was wondering why I worked in the first place (without the security level).
The clean way (and what I am trying at the moment) would be 3.) Any tips to that? I would need it in a post-function - currently trying Script Runner...
(i) Most of my problems are not the code, but where to start - i.e. what packages to import
No, not a new email handler - my soution would be:
Mmm, option 3 would be a new "email handler" - one that can ignore the security. I don't know if the script runner can do email handlers. It's definitely the right place to start, but I've not done it myself. I don't think you need much in the way of imports though - the stuff I've got in the handler I wrote (outside the script runner) was mercifully short.
Mmm, that's not quite right. JETI is leaking potentially secure information that the application normally prevents. It is of course possible for other plugins to create leaks, and the leaking can well be deliberate and by design. It's a minor quibble with language, but there's no denying that JETI (and others) enables leaking that the core application normally does not allow.
To comment on that: I find it rather strange, that the plain JIRA mail handler allows commenting to issues which are not visible to the user when he is normally logged in.
Tibor: We are having the same issues with this... Can you specify how we can make a workaround with a custom mail handler? (kinda new to this whole Jira admin thing)
When i click on "Script Fields" under Script Runner it only says: There are currently no scripted fields in the System. Please create one by adding a new custom field.
If I click on that link, wich of the filed types should I choose?
Sorry, I belive this is more complicated that you think. You have to use a regual userselect field and write a script which you attach to your workflow or via listener.
No worries ^^
After a little while I got it to work, wasn't that hard at all
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.