We are using Jira Service Desk cloud and most of our issues are created by email requests.
We have an agent who gets email notifications whenever a customer creates an issue, but not when one of our other agents creates an issue. He also isn't getting any comments on those issues either.
He sent me a couple of recent issues created that he didn't get notifications on. He is both the current assignee and a watcher on those issues. I used the notification helper to see if there was something that I was missing, but all it told me was that he receives notifications for the 'Issue Created', 'Issue Updated' and 'Issue Commented' events and that he does not get notified of his own changes.
I checked his permissions and he has permission to do just about everything except Administer projects.
He has checked his spam folders and filters and the notifications aren't getting trapped on his end.
I'm not sure where else to look.