How do I add an underscore to the project key pattern?
I would like to have the following as my project key pattern: NAME_TITLE_3
Thanks,
Hi,
I would not do this. This can result in real trouble. Look at the last comments on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Project+Keys
Best Regards
Thomas
I wouldn't recommend it either. I've let my users use numbers as the 2nd to nth characters in the project key, but I wouldn't do any more than that.
Thanks for you input.
I understand the risks about not being able to use some of the other features, but I would still like to know how it is done.
So if you could please let me know what setting I need for the project key pattern that would be great
Thomas's link is where to look, it's fully documented there. (With the reasons not to do it of course)
Thanks for the help
The statement that I ended up using is ([A-Z0-9_][A-Z0-9_]+)
If you want to go ahead in spite of the warnings from Nic and Thomas, here is what you need to do.
Go to Administration > General Configuration > Advanced and click on jira.projectkey.pattern property to modify it. You can use any valid regular expression without including . and - (theoretically!).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.