We have migrated Confluence spaces from one instance to another but the attachments did not migrate (they were in the database, I have since pulled out the attachments from the database). Is there a tool of any sort to help me easily find the attachments for the spaces?
I have these sites bookmarked:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/restoring-attachments-from-a-filesystem-backup-to-an-imported-space-951392066.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/hierarchical-file-system-attachment-storage-704578486.html
However we have thousands of attachments. Is there an easier way to find the attachment storage mapping, such as a program or calculator where I can just put in the necessary information (space id, content id) and it will give me the appropriate folder name/id?
Hello Kristin,
Thank you for contacting us about this. There's an article below that could help you with that. Have you seen this before?
Let me know if you have any trouble.
Regards,
Shannon
Would this work if I were to dump all the attachments from the original Confluence instance into a random folder in the new Confluence instance? Right now the missing attachments are not in the new Confluence's attachment folders at all.
Kristin,
Apologies for the delay; I was on holiday. Before I confirm, can you let me know the Confluence versions of the original site and the destination site?
When you say that the attachments did not migrate, and that they were pulled out of the database, are you saying that you recovered the attachments from the database after migrating them, or that you had removed them from the database prior to migrating? What process exactly did you use to migrate the space from one to another? Was it a full space backup or select pages?
The attachments were in the database during the migration (the migration included changing to a new database). This was realized after the migration was complete. I then went back into the original instance and pulled the attachments out of the database within Confluence's UI. The process used to migrate the spaces was a full space export.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.