I needed to see how my page looked published so I published and now want to unpublish the page so others can't see it. How can I do that?
Hi @Pat Hauser ,
It is always recommended to use Preview Option to see how will be page look once it is published.
Currently, you can not revert back to unpublished state and you will be able to revert back to last version of the page.
Also you can try out a workaround to avoid duplicate pages and to have unpublished page for the same. Please try this workaround on test space or instance to check whether it will meet your requirement or not.
Thanks,
Avinash
This is a bit much to just unpublish and existing page.. is there an easier way to just decommission a page without having to cut and paste content?
Agree with too much to unpublish, it is something I also had to learn the hard way (this is what happens when you have no training and self teach - well in mi instance lol).
The way he outlined is the only way currently. Copy all content to new page and don't publish.
To "Preview" a page it is at the ellipsis at the bottom right of the screen, see image below for example.
Agreed. This is absurd. Maybe a page needs to be temporarily removed (unpublish) before it can go live again. I was so sure that when I googled I would find some hidden setting somewhere that would do this, but not this ridiculous work around.
Has somebody created a feature request to undo this? Accidentally published a document that needed a 'launch' and had to do all the copy and paste.
On the face of it...doesn't seem difficult
Maybe using the lock 🔒 to apply restrictions can help restrict access to the page.
Worst case, please just add a confirm state to the initial publish. It is really easy to mis-click that due to muscle memory.
I'm not sure why this hasn't been created already (as in many years ago!) but I put in a support request which was then converted to a feature request you can all vote on and watch (and please do whether you were already participating above or just found this in a web search):
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-76140
Why go to all the trouble of copying and pasting the content in edit mode? Use the page copy feature and don't publish the new page.
1. Use copy feature to copy current (published) page to new (draft) page
2. Delete "Copy of" from the page title
3. Save without publishing the new page
4. Delete the old page
My guess as to why Atlassian hasn't created an unpublish feature is because the workaround described above literally takes about 30 seconds (although, admittedly, an 'Unpublish' feature would be nice).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.