Hi we want to upgrade our Jira from v7.9.0 so I want to know which way will be best to jump straight into the latest version or go each version or can I jump a few? please guide me through as this is our first time.
Hi @billy_molokwane ,
for an upgrade from Jira 7.x to Jira 8.x, you can simply get the new installer/archive, configure it to point to your existing JIRA_HOME directory and start it. No need to export/import data or point to a new database.
You can find the full documentation on upgrading here.
Let me know if it works,
--Alexis
Make sure any plugins you have support the new JIRA version. You may need to install some of them at the same time you upgrade JIRA
If I were to decide - I would move frm 7.9.* to 8.0* version and then jump from 8.0.* to 8.4.*
Thank you Alexis I will let you know
Sounds like a good Idea thanks
Sounds like a Good idea thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.