Our Jira uses the o365 service for e-mails and Microsoft has announced that on October 13th, 2020, they will stop supporting IMAP, etc. for office365 and are going for "modern authentication".
Even if there's +year before the deadline, there are many in our organization that sees this as a excuse for getting rid of Jira. And they are demanding that I show them some proof that Jira can handle this "modern authentication", they are very vocal. ( they are Microsoft experts and for them everything non-microsoft is a big nope..)
Questions:
1) The Microsoft announcement talks about "basic auth", does it also include "secure_imap" (IMAPS) ???
2) Is there a URL into some reputable source that clearly states that on October 13th, 2020, Jira will be ready and usable with Microsoft's "modern authentication"??
I know...my questions are quite silly but sadly also important. I really need help with this question, so that I can end this "IT- soap opera" thing about jira and "modern authentication."