I am trying to create a workflow which will allow a ticket to take two routes after my "In Progress" step. I would like two buttons saying "Ready for Build" or "Ready for Review" which will usher them into the appropriate status. What's weird is when I added the route from In Progress > In Review it just added a "Resolve Issue" button which when clicked puts it into "In Build". I can get to the "Ready for Review" through the Worflow dropdown, but I would like to make it clearer to the user they have two options.
How can I get both buttons to appear?
Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 10.18.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-07 at 10.19.21 AM.png
What you're saying is that the workflow is fine, but because you've got more than two transitions, JIRA moves the third and further transitions down into the workflow drop-down.
Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration and head straight for the "customise how transistions appear" section.
I think this may be what you are looking for..
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-customisingtransitionsonviewissue
Hmm, making progress. I saw that the "Resolve" button title was from a property so I removed that. Then I added an opsbar-sequence value for both of the steps. Only one of them appears however. Is there a limit to how many buttons can appear?
Yes, 2. As per doc. You can increase that by following the instructions in the doc.
Totally missed that part, ha. I can't figure out how to edit the advanced settings to alter this value. Is this something I am allowed to do with the hosted JIRA? Says I need "JIRA System Administrators global permission" however I am logged in as the account owner/admin and nothing is visible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.