Hi all
This is a relatively abstract query, rather than addressing a specific problem, but it does have real practical applications in the Confluence installations I'm administering.
My basic question is: is there such a thing as a 'space template', and if so how can you create/modify/use it in the Confluence GUI?
In more detail:
Let's say that I've an installation where I want each space I create to contain specific pages. As a silly example, perhaps:
- home
- FAQ
- personal interests
- favourite pets
- sports
- soft toys
- links
Or whatever. I would like to go Spaces >> Create Space, choose a space template, and have a new space created with these specific pages. Can I do this in the Confluence GUI?
I suspect not, going by the answers to the Space Template topic, which asks a similar Q. The answers appear to be:
- Do it programmatically in code via the CLI and the Space Blueprints API
- Use the unsupported copy space add-on
Is this still the case? I'm not a plugin developer so (1) is not an option, and I'm managing a critical live system so an unsupported add-on is out of the question.
I've searched the fine manual for "space template" and got pages such as "_Adding a page template" which seems to describe creating a new page template. I've looked at "Adding a new template" but although that refers to space templates, the instructions (Browse >> Space Admin >> Templates >> New) display a blank page to edit.