I have a backup of Bitbucket scheduled to run nightly using the latest version of the Bitbucket Backup Client, v3.6.0. Approximately 40% of the time the backup fails with a "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" error.
I turned on debug level logging to see if it would give me a better idea of the problem, but so far I haven't figured it out. Below is an excerpt of the logs mentioning the error.
Any ideas or suggestions?
2019-10-10 02:06:42,815 DEBUG (50%) Progress publishing has stopped
2019-10-10 02:06:42,842 DEBUG (50%) Unhandled client exception encountered while Bitbucket was performing a database backup
org.apache.wink.client.ClientRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:241)
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:189)
... 14 more frames available in the log file
2019-10-10 02:06:43,378 INFO (50%) Cancelling database backup with code: 9cb289b36c38dc1c833ff26ec52bafc95cb9c2f9
2019-10-10 02:06:43,379 DEBUG (50%) HTTP POST http://localhost:7990/stash/mvc/maintenance?token=9cb289b36c38dc1c833ff26ec52bafc95cb9c2f9, headers: [Accept:[[application/json]], Content-Length:[[0]], Content-Type:[[application/json]], User-Agent:[[Wink Client v1.1.2]], X-Atlassian-Maintenance-Token:[[2061c7c51e6062aa7c2f2cc76414ca55baf4a452]]]
2019-10-10 02:06:50,757 WARN (50%) Error reporting progress to Bitbucket
org.apache.wink.client.ClientRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:241)
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:189)
... 15 more frames available in the log file
2019-10-10 02:07:20,831 DEBUG (50%) -> 200 OK (@1J615UPx127x243917x3)