I keep getting the error below every hour in postgresql alert log
function aurora_version() does not exist at character 8 , the error log is full of this error every our , Please have a look below
any ideas
thanks
Something is reading your database looking for the version of the database, and assuming it is an AWS aurora database.
Confluence does not do this.
Thank you Nic, for your feedback, below is the full error
2019-10-10 09:42:11 CEST [32073-1] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: function aurora_version() does not exist at character 82019-10-10 09:42:11 CEST [32073-2] confluenceuser@confluence HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.2019-10-10 09:42:11 CEST [32073-3] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select AURORA_VERSION() as aurora_version2019-10-10 09:42:11 CEST [32073-4] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block2019-10-10 09:42:11 CEST [32073-5] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select 1
Hi,I'm sorry for necroing this, but I experienced a test Confluence crash few days ago, and it looked like the db just went away. After some troubleshooting I noticed something is bombarding our Confluence PostgreSQL db with similiar stuff, I have identical log entries as @safwan Maybe some plugin is doing this? Nothing else but Confluence is allowed to use that db. I'm getting a bit worried as I can't determine if the test server crash is related to this, I would very much like to rule this out if possible, I don't want this to happen in production.
I also get same error when I open Settings page in Jira:
2019-10-18 11:10:12 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 ERROR: function aurora_version() does not exist at character 8
2019-10-18 11:10:12 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
2019-10-18 11:10:12 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 STATEMENT: select AURORA_VERSION() as aurora_version
2019-10-18 11:12:13 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 ERROR: function aurora_version() does not exist at character 8
2019-10-18 11:12:13 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
2019-10-18 11:12:13 EEST PostgreSQL JDBC Driver jiradb jira_user 127.0.0.1 STATEMENT: select AURORA_VERSION() as aurora_version
I've noticed this after upgradig to the latest Jira 8.4.2 (from 8.3.x).
It is not caused by another application, as there is no other application talking to my PostgreSQL 10.12 database server. My PostgreSQL server is dedicated to a single instance of Confluence 7.3.1.To figure out if it is caused by a plugin i disabled all user-installed plugins where i get a "disable" button.After disabling "Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools" (1.23.3) i never saw above mentioned errors anymore.I guess it is triggered on confluence launch or when navigating to admin area / "manage apps" / "user-installed apps". Maybe this is not happening on a fresh installation. My Confluence instance was updated alot of times in the last 9 years.FYI: @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-@safwanyou may want to file a bug report.
good idea:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-71055?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=bad7c357-00f7-44de-b175-97f5dc24b139
Feel free to upvote if this is effecting your server. (seems like an easy codefix)
Hi @web-impressions ,
It helped in my case. But I'm receiving the same error from Jira Server too. In this case the deactivation of this add-on didn't help. I have added this information to JRASERVER-71055.
RegardsValdes21
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.