Hello,
I am currently investigating an incident which popped up when a colleague discovered that all project-data in one of his projects was missing.
I am system- and project-admin, have the browse-project-permission with no security scheme active. Still no issues.
So I checked all the access-logs since project creation for any delete-actions without results for the missing issues. Creation and editing-actions on the other hand where all there until 2 weeks ago. Just for the fun of it I created a new task in the currently empty project with it getting "MA-7" as the issue-key, which is plausible with MA-1 to MA-6 already being created in the past. Everything fully accessible.
In terms of changes we upgraded our Jira-Instance from 7.12.3 to 8.3.2 (incl. Service Desk 4.3.2) a week after the last activity in said project. No other missing data was discovered so far annd everything is working fine in general. We also use BigPicture (7.4.2) for more project-management-funcionality.
So any idea what could cause the incident or how to resolve it? Right now I will check the DB for the issues, but apart from that I am out of ideas.
Thanks and best regards,
Thomas