Sorry if someone has asked this elsewhere, but I've not been able to find the answer to my issue.
I'm working with a repo that has lots of different pipelines defined for different circumstances. I'm getting a memory error on one of my builds: Container "Build" exceeded memory limit. I can find a ticket on the Atlassian boards about this - it suggests upping the amount of memory available to Docker, using the following syntax in the definitions block of the pipeline file:
services:
docker:
memory: 2048
So far so good - but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the build - I still get the same error. There's nowhere in the pipelne where Docker is declared as a service - just an initial step that gets the image, like this:
image: 'my-docker-hub/ngcli:ng8-latest'
(NB - until fairly recently, these builds worked fine, so I don't think it has to do with the way we're using Docker).
I've tried moving the image out from the root of the file and into the docker services step, so I've got a block like this:
services:
docker:
image: 'my-docker-hub/ngcli:ng8-latest'
memory: 2048
But that gets me this error:
The service "docker" is a system defined service. The "image" is not modifiable.
I don't really know what to do next. Can anyone help?