Hello,
We are wanting to purchase Confluence self-hosted and use it for our knowledge base but one of the requirements we have is that it needs to be run over SSL because the server is in our private cloud.
I have tried everything in the documents and followed it all to the letter but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to load over SSL. I am not sure what else to try or do. I downloaded the JDK, used the keytool, generated my key and left the location default. I then uncommented the section in the server.xml file and kept the password as is since I used the default password as well to keep it simple. I changed the BASE URL and then restarted. Nothing works as I just get a "page cannot be displayed" error each time.
This server is not on a domain, it's standalone so in the keytool questions for first and last name, i just entered the server name but it has no FQDN as it's just a standalone an not on a domain. Is that an issue perhaps????
I'm totally perplexed at how to make this work over SSL so any help would be really awesome