I am running JIRA 6.3.7 with a notification scheme that notifies the reporter, the assignee, and all watchers upon issue creation.
Many of our issues are created by way of email submission. I have an email handler configured to use the From field as the Reporter and any names in the CC field are added as Watchers.
Issues are created successfully and both the reporter and assignee receive the issue creation notification. However, users in the Watchers list do not receive the issue creation notification. Watchers do receive notifications when comments are added or other changes to the issues are made. They are just missing this initial creation notification.
I already found a similar question/answer regarding this problem, but the comments don't address the email aspect of the question.
I understand that JIRA does not support adding Watchers to issues via the Issue Create screen - however this is not the use-case I'm interested in. It is evident that JIRA does support adding Watchers to issues during creation via email using the CC field.
Despite the issue being created successfully and Watchers added to the ticket, no notification is sent out to the Watchers upon issue creation via email.
Is this expected functionality and I've just encountered a limitation in how JIRA sends out notifications?
Thank you for your help.