Code Block Macro will spin (hang) when invoked explicitly such as by clicking the edit button. Partial work-arounds are available using {code
Hello James,
Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.
You'll want to have a look at your Confluence Server logs as well as what's going on in the Developer Tools > Network console of your browser. This should tell you what it's hanging on.
You can feel free to share any messages you encounter there, as well as which version of Confluence you are running, and I can help you to determine the issue.
Regards,
Shannon
OK looked at the server logs nothing was there but the developer tools have a failure to load plugin from http://server:port/<rest of plugin url> and I'm certain the server does not respond to http: as that is considered an insecure protocol.
James,
Can you verify that your base URL isn't set to the http version? It seems odd that the code macro would try to be accessing your site from that protocol.
looking at the Confluence administration page, Under CONFIGURATION in the general administration section the Server Base URL is set to https://<server_confluence_host_name>:<port> Also under administration in system information it shows the same Server Base URL
Entered: https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-261735This is a short week. We had Columbus day on Moday and tomorrow, our 5-4-9 Friday off, however, I entered this through my gmail account so I could see it when I wasn't at wasn't at work given we're on GMT-0700 aka PDT (Los Angeles time zone).
I enterred the support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-261735
Hi James,
Thank you for confirming that.
I see my colleague replied to you before I had a chance to update the case with your details. Feel free to reply there with a copy of your HAR file and Support zip. I want to be able to confirm that you are indeed encountering the issue in the bug.
Thank you for your help.
We have exactly the same problem with the Code Block macro only. Please advise as we are not able to use it at all.
Confluence version: 6.15.6
We spotted the problem in our case and it had to do with a totally different plug-in we are using named Linchpin Events. An upgrade was available and once applied our problems went away.
Very unclear why Linchpin Events was in play at all on our offending page(s) where the Code Block macro was used, but no macros from Linchpin?
Hi @James Rinkevich,
I see that your case with the support team is about to timeout since we haven't heard from you recently with a copy of your HAR file and support zip. You'll want to reply in the next day or so to avoid that happening! Let me know if you're having any trouble uploading files to the support portal.
Tom,
Thank you for letting us know about that. It could be that there's something running in the background from Linchpin Events that is causing this. I would also recommend contacting Linchpin to see if this is a known issue on their end.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
I have informed Linchpin (Seibert Media)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.