When im changing the Type of the issue from IT help to purchase/fault or any other type the request type under Service Desk request goes to None with the message(this request type is not applicable for current issue type)
This occurs when you do not have the new issue type associated with a request type within the portal. You HAVE to expose something linking the issue type to the request type within the customer portal in order to have it be available to select as the request type within the agent view.
In addition, you cannot have any required fields for that request type in the portal that are empty on the agents view of the issue.
bumping for interest, same problem here.
Did you ever manage to solve this?
I also have multiple Request types, each is mapped to a different JIRA Issue type and I am running in to the same problem. I want to change the default Help to other Request types without "Moving them" to different Issue Types on the Move Wizard.
On the right side "Service Desk Request" section of the Help ticket in SD admin panel, I see all other Request types disabled when I am trying to edit the Help Request type.
I'm having the same problem. Would love to know how to solve this so we can easily transition to a different issue type while reviewing the tickets.
Nice to see you Alicia here. Pl. stay in touch and I guess you have my gmail id.
Cheers,Srini
Hello Srini. Nice to see you on here too. I'll check which account I have your email address saved and send you my new work email as well. I hope things are going well for you. I'm really enjoying my new job. Talk soon.
bump
same issue here, what did the steps end up being to get it to work?
Hello,
Please reply to the comments here. Also, does anyone know how to associate an Issue Type with a Request Type.
Regards,
Toby
This is in the setup wizard when establishing a new Service Desk, and is on the "Request Types" screen in the admin panel for the project.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html
Why bump? This was answered in 2015.
Jeff, this worked. Thanks for the help.
Awesome! Would you mind accepting this answer?
Still no solution given.
The linked documentation is what Wikipedia would call a "stub".
What about for an existing project?
I answered this without a stub on Dec 15th
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.