I'm using JIRA (v6.2#6252-sha1:aa34325), everything has been working perfectly except that when I just tried to authenticate as admin I keep getting a message "The password you entered is incorrect." It's integrated with CROWD and I have the group of jira-administrators assigned to my user. This was working for months but now I can no longer login as admin. Here is the output from the atlassian-jira-security.log, as you can see it passes authentication when logging in, but fails with the same user attempting to elevate to admin.
2014-09-20 22:13:54,308 http-bio-8380-exec-9 USER 1333x226x1 mzhk7k x.x.x.x,127.0.0.1 / The user 'USER' has PASSED authentication.
2014-09-20 22:14:23,760 http-bio-8380-exec-9 USER 1334x258x1 mzhk7k x.x.x.x127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/WebSudoAuthenticate.jspa The user 'USER' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 1
I've found this in the crowd logs:
2014-09-20 22:55:23,872 http-bio-8095-exec-19 INFO [plugin.rest.filter.BasicApplicationAuthenticationFilter] Invalid authentication for application with name 'jira'
This only occurs when attempting to elevate the privileges to administrator, user login works fine. The settings in crowd.properties are correct.
Any thoughts?