Hi all,I'm relatively new to Jira. Is there any possibility to auto format my issue text in Jira? I use a lot of Java snippets in my issues and want to highlight them (if possible without explicitly writing wiki syntax every time).
Thanks for any advice.
Hi,
There is indeed a JIRA plug-in that is able to detect the various parts of a JIRA issue (like source code, stack traces, project names, components, versions, JIRA users, URLs, ...) and to wikify these automatically. It is like AutoFormat of your word processor, but for JIRA issues.
This has the advantage that you don't need to know JIRA's wiki syntax and you hardly need no time to format your issues to make them look good. It is called Wikify for JIRA:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ch.mibex.jira.wikify
Disclaimer: I'm the author of the plug-in.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Michael
Hi, There is such add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.syntaxhighlighter.macro.syntaxplugin
Hi Andrey, Thank you., but I have still to add the syntax by myself? There is nothing automated? Sometimes I have a lot of code snippets or methods which I mention in my descriptions and therefore it would be useful and time saving to have something automated.
Of course you need to add the syntax and highlighting yourself. How is Jira supposed to know when you're writing code or human text? You need to differentiate them somehow.
Hi, We've installed your plug-in and I'm positive surprised. It formats the java code automatically which saves me and my colleagues a lot of time. Really nice!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.