I've read through this document, and this document very carefully. I'm starting from a Bamboo stock image, Amazon Linux: S3 x86_64. I make my modifications and bundle/register a new AMI. I then register this new AMI as a new elastic image in the Bamboo OnDemand configuration and try to start a new instance.
The instance starts fine, but the bamboo agent never starts. After a while I see issues like:
- java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/uuid-temp.properties (No such file or directory)
-java.io.IOException: Could not create directory '/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/classpath'
I think this is due to the /home/bamboo directory not being included in the AMI. I thought the command, /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin/prepareInstanceForSaving.sh, was to work around this issue, but I'm running that prior to creating the AMI and it's still not working.
The second problem I'm seeing is that I'm not able to shh to the instance:
! ssh -i ~/.ssh/elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@ec2-X-X-X-X.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Permission denied (publickey).
I found this unanswered question on stack-overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17212459/why-cant-i-create-an-ami-with-ephemeral-storage
And the second link above has some relevant comments. Before I waste anymore time on this can someone let me know if this is even possible?
Thanks,
Mark