Hi,
I am just setting up my Service Desk and am tying to figure out the best way to handle approvals. I have the following issue types:
- Service Request - which will be used for most things
- Service Request with Approvals - which will be used for approvals.
The workflow for Service Request with Approvals is set to automatically send the ticket to the approver if it is created in the portal. But if the user emails, the ticket appears in the waiting for support status. I have to use the move function to move it to the Service Request with Approvals Issue Type which is fine but the I can't get approval because I cant go back to the approval status. Should I add another approval status from waiting for support? I don't want the portal requests to get approved again.
How do other people handle this?