Hi,
We are exploring Atlassian access for user and SSO provisioning to Jira Service Desk Cloud.
We have a mobile app where our users log in using a unique Agent Code and password that is authenticated to AD. However these users may share the same email address. What we want is once the user is authenticated by AD, they can access JSD Customer Portal (Web view embedded in the mobile app) without further login.
If we want to use Atlassian Access for user and SSO provisioning with the condition specified above, is that possible? what will be the pros and cons?
I have read the following article, that might be a conflict if the AD is not configured properly.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-overcome-email-is-already-taken-error-when-trying-to-change-email-address-of-an-atlassian-access-managed-account-959790039.html
I guess that if we configure Agent Code as internal id for the users that will not change then our scenario is possible even though these users may share same email id. However, that's only my guess.
I am open to any suggestion from experts and more experienced folks.
Thank you!