BACKGROUND: I am new to GIT and Bitbucket and am having trouble integrating BitBucket with cPanel's GIT Version Control. As I have been experimenting for some time now I will only provide a snapshot of my most recent effort an momentarily ignore what has preceded.
BitBucket: A filled repository whose contents I would like to copy and link with a third party server of which I am the administrator.
HostPapa/Lunarpages Server: An empty repository that I created with cPanel's GIT Version Control.
Local Machine: A copy of my BitBucket repository with solid SSH connectivity.
On the BitBucket server are two public keys: one for my local machine and one for my HostPapa/Lunarpages server. When I try to PULL the contents of my BitBucket respository into my HostPapa/Lunarpages repository I am rejected. When I try to branch to my BitBucket repository I am told that there is no master in direct contradiction to what I know not to be true.
QUESTION: How does one go about filling the contents of an empty repository created with cPanel's GIT Version Control with the contents of a BitBucket repository for the purpose of future PUSH and PULL activity and other updates?
Roddy