I'm trying to find documentation on the difference between Filters and Rich Filters. Is there any reason to use a Rich Filter instead of just a normal Filter?
Thank you for your help
I believe, but not 100% sure that Rich Filters is associated with the addon from Qotilabs. Whereas the manage filters is associated with OOTB functionality.
Oh wow...I thought they were both Atlassian artifacts. I'm guessing OOTB means out of the box.
And that implies that Rich Filter adds functionality on top of Atlassian's Filter so that it can work with Qotilabs add-ons.
That clears things up. Thank you so much.
@zhao-lin-li - Jack's correct, rich filters are part of the Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app by Qotilabs.
If you decide to create a rich filter, that rich filter needs an underlying issue filter (either one you make, or an existing issue filter).
Thanks @Dave LIAO for the additional information.
Hi,
If you have an underlying issue filter, then why would you want to create a rich filter? What's the benefit of having a rich filter? I see a whole bunch of 'rich filter' gadgets for the dashboard that I created, but I don't know what the benefit is of setting them up.
@Eric.Liner - Rich Filters extend existing native Jira filters in ways that a Rich Filter dashboard gadget can take advantage of.
Learn more: https://wiki.qotilabs.com/rich-filters/user-s-guide/configuring-rich-filters
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.