Can some one give me the sql query to update description of an issue from database?
Hi @Sandesh Shetty
Any specific reason why you want to do it directly in the database? Updating in database in not recommended.
You can use Jira REST api for doing that.
Ravi
@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
I'm trying to change jira database from oracle to postgres. One of the old closed issue's description consists some junk characters. because of that import of xml backup is failing. I want to delete that junk characters from the issue description. Can you please help me to do that?
Thanks and regards
Sandesh
The table name is jiraissue and you can take a look at the schema here.
That's one of the few excuses for doing it. However, you will find it safer and easier to edit the xml before import (Assuming you have a text editor that can cope with the size of it)
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
thank you both.
I followed this document to dothis https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/removing-invalid-characters-from-xml-backups-12079.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.