Hi JIRA experts,
Good day!
I would like to ask if there's an option to make a custom field mandatory when creating an issue? We are using JIRA 7.6.3.
Thanks,
Jeffrey
Yes. The best way is to use a Validator on the Create transition in the workflow. Edit the workflow, open the Create transition and click on Validator then add Validator. Use the custome Issue field required function.
Hi @Jeffrey Luna
In my experience, using many different fields configurations ends being a mess (I guess if you do it thinking carefully, documenting, etc it can work fine)
I use JSU, but for that simple requirement there are free add-ons that can save you, i.e.
Hi Jack,
Thank you for the reply. I am not able to see the validator for custom field. Please help. Thank you!
I believe we need to install the JSU (JIRA Suite Utilities) to make it work. How about creating new field configuration schemes? Thank you!
Thank you @Fran Garcia
I will try to explore AM Utils. For now, I created new field config scheme and still validating if it works and don't affect other screens.
Hi, Jeffrey.
AM Utils is also not free. It has free trial. But like JSU, you need to buy the app.
JSU can configure workflows without coding and has an easy-to-use interface that eliminates tedious coding and time-consuming testing, debugging, and error-fixing. You may also easily create field conditions that won't affect other screens. Perhaps you could find out more on this link: https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSU/JSU+Configuration+Guide
Thank you for the information @Denise_Wuethrich_beecom_products
For now, I created new field config scheme and still validating if it works and don't affect other screens.
Field schemes is going to work without problem, just be careful to have everything well documented and organised for further maintenance, it can become a pain in the....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.