I'm trying to create a HelloWorld plugin project as described here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/
When I run
atlas-create-jira-plugin
I get the following:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.0.2:create (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Execution default-cli of goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.0.2:create failed: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.0.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies at com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:jar:8.0.2 -> com.atlassian.maven.archetypes:jira-plugin-archetype:jar:8.0.2 -> org.twdata.maven:mojo-executor:jar:2.3.0 -> org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:3.5.4 -> org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:3.5.4 -> org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:jar:3.8.1: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:jar:3.8.1: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:pom:3.8.1 from/to atlassian-public (https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target -> [Help 1]
How do I proceed?
Did you figure this out? I'm running into the same issue
Is the problem resolved? I am facing the same issue.
Ah I figured it out but it's been a bit so I'm not sure I remember what I did specifically. What do you get when you enter atlas-version?
Hi Karl
I get below for atlas-version
ATLAS Version: 8.0.16ATLAS Home: /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16ATLAS Scripts: /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16/binATLAS Maven Home: /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16/apache-maven-3.5.4AMPS Version: 8.0.2--------Executing: /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16/apache-maven-3.5.4/bin/mvn --version -gs /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16/apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xmlApache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-18T00:03:14+05:30)Maven home: /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16/apache-maven-3.5.4Java version: 13.0.1, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-13.0.1Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8OS name: "linux", version: "3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
I'm fairly new to this as well so I'll help the best I can but I'm not sure specifically what the problem is... it looks like your SDK & AMPS versions are up to date. You could try 'brew update' and then 'brew upgrade atlassian/tap/atlassian-plugin-sdk' just to make sure. Also once you've created an empty directory and navigated into that make sure you're running 'atlas-create-jira-plugin' and not 'atlas-create-jira-plugin-module'
If you're still having problems can you post the whole error that you're recieving?
Attempted to use the latest SDK (8.0.16) and came up with the same issue. After spending half the day debugging (and fighting) maven trying to find a resolution, giving up for the day.
Tried other version and here is the result:
So, maybe use the 6.3.12 version.I got my copy here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210993/atlassian-plugin-sdk-tgz/version-history
The info about the error you are receiving is:Could not transfer artifact org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:pom:3.8.1from/to atlassian-public (https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public):And why is:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:unable to find valid certification path to requested target -> [Help 1]
Solution seems:Update your jvm JRE_HOME\lib\security\cacertsCheck for more info about that:https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html
What helped me to get forward with "missing dependencies" in 8.0.16 was toreplace my~/.m2/settings.xmlwith providedatlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.16\apache-maven-3.5.4\conf\settings.xml
but keeping my custom settings like proxies, googleHope this helps.
I ran into the same issue that was initially posted. What is unclear to me about updating my Java cacerts is which site does one specify for importing? Is it "apache.org" or some other site? I tried "apache.org" but still got the error.
- go to https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public- Export the certificate under details menu- Save this as public.crt.- run the below to import the crt into the cacert via keytoolkeytool -import -alias atlasdk -keystore $JAVA_HOME/lib/security/cacerts -file <your public.crt filepath>- Verify openssl works too:openssl s_client -connect maven.atlassian.com:443 -servername maven.atlassian.com:443
However i still can't get this to work and are still getting this
(https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I run into a sort like error and solved it by disabling the mirror section in my ~/.m2/settings.xml
Recently, using SDK8.0.16 to migrate plugins to JIRA8.13, I encountered the same issue working through office network.
Overcame by pointing to proxy (provided by work IT)
Steps
So, if you are working from office network, try updating the configuration file in $atlas_home/apache-maven-$version/conf/settings.xml
Uncomment and update the '<proxy>' section with proxy setup by your company IT.
<proxy> <id>optional</id> <active>true</active> <protocol>http</protocol> <username>proxyuser</username> <password>proxypass</password> <host>proxy.host.net</host> <port>80</port> <nonProxyHosts>local.net|some.host.com</nonProxyHosts></proxy>
Check Repository
Regardless of needing to use a proxy, check and ensure that maven repo points to the following
<repository> <id>atlassian-public</id> <url>https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public</url> ...</repository>
Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.