A past employee has returned. His user account was disabled in Confluence, and I do not see a way to re-enable his account.
what can I do to re-enable him?
Go to user maintenance and untick the "disabled" flag in their profile. You may need to re-add them to one or many groups too.
Hmmm..., I am new to Confluence admin. I don't see a place on the Site Adminstration (users) screen to tick the "disabled" flag I'm on this screen: somesite.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=janedoe I can't include a picture
Ah, you're on Cloud then. You need to look at the user maintenance in the general Cloud settings, not the Confluence settings (they just display the Cloud user stuff). See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Manage+users+and+groups
I am not in a cloud configuration; all local servers.
I found that if I waited, the user change I made in JIRA percolated to the user change in confluence; it was just not immediate. But I can confirm, after looking at every conceivable page, that there is no interface to re-enable a user from the Confluence admin area.
The 're-enable' feature was available in JIRA but not Confluence.
our matrix of versions for installed/used products, in case that matters:
Which leads me to the upgrade question: we are interested in moving to the most current versions of these products, which I believe we have paid for, etc. However, it would be prudent to:
Having done this, if things were not ok, it is not clear how to revert the tools back to their prior versions and recover the data and state to the place I left from... What does Atlassian suggest?
This link should be what you need:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/cannot-add-user-because-add-user-link-is-missing-302810865.html
Thanks,Danny
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.