Today, my process is to create a ticket at the beginning of the sprint to track our releases as well as a release version. Both the release ticket and release version use a similar naming convention. I'd like to automate all of this.
Sprint: OurTeam S34 MM/dd-MM/dd
Ticket: Sprint 34 Release
fixVersion: Team Sprint 34 Build:775
I use Automation for Jira and I'd like to auto-create both the release as well as the release ticket in the sprint. I've gotten the ticket creation to work however I can't figure out how to use the number portion of the sprint name. I can't find any documentation on the Codebarrel site for {{Sprint}} or how to manipulate the string to pull out the number.
I'm not an engineer, so I don't fully grasp how to use the Java examples.
How do I use a portion of the sprint name to set the title of the new ticket?