We have projects on which work stops due to company project reprioritization.
In an ideal world I might just close those issues with a resolution of "project frozen" and forget about them. I'd have to modify the workflow to allow that transition from anywhere as the issues are in various states.
However, the project *may* reawaken.
I am looking for ideas on how set this up so that we can handle that (reawakening) without examining each issue. If the project "unfreezes" I'd like to put things back where they were, i.e. to the previous state. I'd like to filter for frozen issues under some criteria, and in one operation restore their state.
Note that the issues may be spread across Jira projects (typically not, but it could happen) where other issues are not frozen.
Assuming there is no straightforward solution...
Some possibilities I see
- Add resolution as above. Problem is getting out of that state without overloading the workflow and a bunch of other things.
- Add a frozen state. All states would lead to it, and I guess it will lead to all other states. A bit of a mess... Also how do I identify the state to which needs to return?
- Add dedicated field for this. Bad because it impacts everything.
- ... better ideas?
Thanks,
Mike