Hi All,
I want to create a field that only displays text. User are unable to modify and edit this content. It looks like term and contact.
Could you help me how to create this simple field?
I presume you want it on the create screen so they can read it while entering the issue, correct? If so you'll need to use a plugin. There are some in the marketplace. One is JIRA toolkit. If you just want it on the detail screen you can create a custom text field and only put it on the view screen. It will be displayed in the detail view but can't be edited.
I usually use the "message fields" from the Toolkit app to do this. In plain Jira, there is no function that does this properly.
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply.
I had a screenshot for you. From the user side, when they want to create a ticket they will fill some detail on the table.
For my request, I'm looking for a field which I can set up some default value presented to the user. This field is read-only and not able to modify.
As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said you will need a plugin.
Hi Nic ,
Is it this one?
I have been installing JIRA Toolkit Plugin.
Yes, that's correct.
You need the "for view" message field if you want it to appear on issue view, but the "for edit" version for your message to appear on create, edit or transition screens.
Hi Nic,
I had add both field in my project. Could you tell me how to set up default message which user can see it before they click send.
I had try to configure the default field like following but it only show after user click send button.
I hope it can show on this page and user cannot modify it.
Thanks for your help.
Waiting for your reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.