I'm new to Jira and trying to make sense mail handlers and email channels. We are using service desk and what I've found in my searches tells me that mail handlers are not the optimal way to handle emails in service desk. However, I'm not sure that email channels work out for me either.
Currently the way things are set up in our project, incoming emails have a request type of "email requests." "Email requests" request types are linked to an issue type of "email requests". This means that all emails are essentially the same issue type, even if they actually should be something different. So emails about incidents end up going through the same workflow as emails that just have general questions. Up until now, it wasn't a big deal because the existing issue types actually have the same workflow. But now I'm being asked to introduce a new issue type with a completely different workflow.
The incoming emails that would be associated with the new issue type would be coming from one email address. Is there a way to have emails from that email address have a different issue type from all other incoming emails?