Any page that ends in .action is not loading on my self-hosted Confluence instance. For example, I can't log in because login.action doesn't load. I can't search because dosearchsite.action doesn't load. Any help would be appreciated!
Hi @Christopher Taverna ,
I would start by reviewing when this issue started happening, for instance:
This you give you some direction on where the problem may be. Furthermore, does the same issue happens if you bypass proxy altogether? It could be a URL rewriting instruction in your Apache, Nginx,... that could be preventing you from accessing those pages, e.g https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/using-mod_rewrite-to-modify-confluence-urls-226165314.html
Kind regards,Rafael
I noticed it wasn't loading, restarting the server did not help. Not sure what you mean by proxy... Thank you.
I noticed it wasn't loading, restarting the server did not help.
You need to identify when the issue started happening and which changes may have contributed to the issue you are experiencing.
For instance (not the restart in your statement but the one before)
Let's say you access your Confluence instance by typing in http://192.168.1.2:8090 or http://localhost:8090 on your web browser. By doing so, you would be bypassing a proxy that could be Apache, Nginx, ... where it basically translate that IP:PortNumber into something more meaningful, e.g http://my.confluence.instance
Therefore, if you are accessing Confluence without providing a port number in your web browser, there are great chances you have Apache, Nginx or something else translating the IP:PortNumber into a ServerName.
If you go to the server where Confluence is installed, search for <confluence-install>/conf/server.xml. Open this file and search for <Connector /> tag (you may have more than one):
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0"> <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone"> <Connector port="8090" ...
In the above, the connector describes Confluence will be listening on port number 8090. Therefore, in the same server where Confluence is running, you could open a web browser and hit http://localhost:8090
If you have any proxy property in the same connector (e.g proxyName, proxyPort...), then you would have to:
<Connector port="8091" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10" enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" />
Hope the above helps.
Kind regards;Rafael
Thank you. I have tried from localhost and it still doesn't work. No changes have been made to the configuration. I only restarted to see if that made the issue go away. It is using the apache protocol referenced above. I know it was working last week, and no changes were made since then. I noticed it wasn't working today.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.